Technical Team Lead
Software Secured is an application security company located in Ottawa, Canada. Our mission is to arm software developers with the capabilities needed to deliver secure and safe software.
Software Secured is a place where the curious come to grow. Curiosity, ownership, and humility are at the forefront of our core values and we are constantly striving to make Software Secured an awesome place to work where people can learn, be leaders in their space, and share their knowledge with others. We want to continue building an organization of ambitious, smart people who are committed to our mission and focused on overall company success.
At Software Secured, you will be working on our product reshift security (www.reshiftsecurity.com). We are looking for a technical team lead to use their expertise and passion to multiply the overall output of the development team. As a team lead, you’ll help drive the product vision to its implementation. You and the team will design and build technically innovative solutions that empower software developers to write more secure code. You will maintain a high bar for quality and think deeply about empowering other developers. You’ll also be hands-on in our code and will contribute technically.
You will be joining the company at the ground level and you will be an integral part of creating the team, the product, and the company, with unlimited growth potential. We are a portfolio company of both Invest Ottawa Accelerator and the prestigious L-Spark Accelerator and our eyes are set on rapid growth.
- Are you passionate about security and very interested in helping developers ship more secure code?
- Are you a strong software developer and a leader with an eye on the details?
- Do you know how to appropriately use cloud resources, APIs, file system storage and the needed data redundancy?
- Have you worked with Docker or any other virtualization technologies?
- If most of those points landed with a resounding YES, and if you bring a positive attitude to the job, Software Secured is looking for you.
- Positive attitude, passion for software security and a strong work ethic
- A proven track record of success in leading software development teams — strong technical mentorship for is a must
- Experience helping build a productive and engaged team
- A commitment and drive for quality, technical excellence, and results
- A past history of building and shipping innovative products and features as a software developer, ideally in a startup environment.
- Strong experience in Python, and Django (or an equivalent stack) , and GraphQL
- Strong experience in Relational Database (e.g. PostgreSQL, etc).
- Strong experience in the GitHub model
- Application security experience such as knowing OWASP Top 10
- Ability to quickly test many ideas.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with static code analysis, syntax trees and/or datalog
- Using Machine Learning algorithms
- Docker Deployments
- Cloud Deployments
- Have previous experience doing UI/UX design
You will get:
- Competitive salary
- Fun, collaborative team environment 🎉
- Medical/dental benefits 🦷
- Flexible work hours ⌚
- A budget for speaking at conferences and meetups 🎤
- A budget and time for training 🥇
- Stock options 💰
- The option to work remote occasionally 🏡
- 3 weeks of vacation 🌞
- Free catered team lunches every Thursday 🍕
- Snacks and coffee ☕
- Monthly team outings 🎳
- Mentorship by senior staff 👏
- Free parking 🚗
- Keeping it Secure: Software Secured’s mission and values are a part of everything we do. We care about how our clients can do what they do without having to worry about hackers disrupting their work.
- Curiosity and Humility: We are dedicated to learning and constantly improving. We hire the best of the best, humility is a key to remaining the best.
- Own It: Our engineers work hard to improve the state of web application security. To get there, we need to own every project, every assessment, every challenge and every line of code.
- Dive Deep: Hard problems require diving deep to understand the real cause of the problem, we are not afraid of diving deep to come up with the best solutions.
- Bold and Impacting: We take big risks to alleviate our client’s risk; Taking risks is part of what we do daily so we ensure the highest impact of our solutions.