Team Lead – Senior Developer
We believe that more productive and engaged job seekers will empower a more dynamic and efficient economy.
We are an agile and small team, with big ambitions and expectations, we expect hard work and dedication from our colleagues. You are not an employee, you are a colleague. We demand creativity and autonomy — you will own your products and features and drive their execution.
You will help build a company that will help your peers, friends, family, and fellow citizens accomplish the most important task in life: finding gainful and stable employment.
Looking for a leader to manage the day to day operations of the technical team:
- Owns architecture, development, testing, and deployment
- Sets coding guidelines and controls quality
- Tackle technical problems beyond the skill level of Jr Devs
- Bring new team members up to speed
- Effectively communicate problems or roadblocks on projects
Who we are looking for
- Experience as a team lead
- Still wants to write code on a daily basis
- 3-5 years experience on a dev team
- 1-2 years experience as a team lead: 3+ people on team, has experience reporting progress to non-technical managers, work well with technical and non-technical software employees
- Responsible for product or major feature set in production: understands DevOps, passionate about code quality
- Likes teaching others & mentoring jr devs
Active in the Toronto tech community in one of the following ways
- Open source projects
- Conference presentations
- Has worked for their own startup or interested in startups