Senior Fullstack Software Developer
Software Secured is an application security company located in Ottawa, Canada. Our mission is to arm software developers with the capabilities needed to deliver secure and safe software.
Software Secured is a place where the curious come to grow. Curiosity, ownership, and humility are at the forefront of our core values and we are constantly striving to make Software Secured an awesome place to work where people can learn, be leaders in their space, and share their knowledge with others. We want to continue building an organization of ambitious, smart people who are committed to our mission and focused on overall company success.
Software Secured is looking for a self-motivated Full-Stack Software Developer to help us build the next-generation security tools. As a Full-Stack Developer at Software Secured, you will help write our core engine, design and develop UI, as well as scale our software.
You will be joining the company at the ground level and you will be an integral part of creating the team, the product, and the company, with unlimited growth potential. We are a portfolio company of both Invest Ottawa Accelerator and the prestigious L-Spark Accelerator and our eyes are set on rapid growth.
- Are you passionate about security and very interested in helping developers ship more secure code?
- Are you a strong software developer with an eye on the details?
- Do you know how to appropriately use cloud resources, APIs, file system storage and the needed data redundancy?
- Have you worked with Docker or any other virtualization technologies?
- If most of those points landed with a resounding YES, and if you bring a positive attitude to the job, Software Secured is looking for you.
What will you do:
- You will participate in several projects across multiple disciplines at Software Secured.
- Scale our design to support an increasing user base .
- Work within a start-up environment where we believe in continuous process improvement; have an agile software development methodology and actually address our technical debts
- Have exposure to Software Secured’s core competencies of software application security team
Sound interesting? Take a look at our core values below to see if there’s a cultural fit.
- Positive attitude, passion for software security and a strong work ethic
- Strong experience in AngularJS, HTML, and CSS.
- Strong experience in Python, and Django (or an equivalent stack) , and GraphQL
- Strong experience in Relational Database (e.g. PostgreSQL, etc).
- Strong experience in the GitHub model
- Application security experience such as knowing OWASP Top 10
- Ability to quickly test many ideas.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with static code analysis, syntax trees and/or datalog
- Using Machine Learning algorithms
- Docker Deployments
- Cloud Deployments
- Have previous experience doing UI work
You will get:
- Competitive salary
- Fun, collaborative team environment 🎉
- Medical/dental benefits 🦷
- Flexible work hours ⌚
- A budget for speaking at conferences and meetups 🎤
- A budget and time for training 🥇
- Stock options 💰
- The option to work remote occasionally 🏡
- 3 weeks of vacation 🌞
- Free catered team lunches every Thursday 🍕
- Snacks and coffee ☕
- Monthly team outings 🎳
- Mentorship by senior staff 👏
- Free parking 🚗
- Keeping it Secure: Software Secured’s mission and values are a part of everything we do. We care about how our clients can do what they do without having to worry about hackers disrupting their work.
- Curiosity and Humility: We are dedicated to learning and constantly improving. We hire the best of the best, humility is a key to remaining the best.
- Own It: Our engineers work hard to improve the state of web application security. To get there, we need to own every project, every assessment, every challenge and every line of code.
- Dive Deep: Hard problems require diving deep to understand the real cause of the problem, we are not afraid of diving deep to come up with the best solutions.
- Bold and Impacting: We take big risks to alleviate our client’s risk; Taking risks is part of what we do daily so we ensure the highest impact of our solutions.