Sales Development Representative
Noibu is an Ottawa, Canada based technology company innovating in the retail space. We’re building the next generation of experience based commerce. By leveraging brick-and-mortar and physical spaces Noibu helps retailers provide immersive online shopping experiences to their customers.
By joining Noibu, you aren’t joining as an employee but as a team member. Every person plays a key role in moving our mission forward. Success for us is our team achieving their potential, growing and working collaboratively towards our mission.
Our mission is to bring the magic of the in-store experience to the homes of shoppers all over the world.
The Sales Development Representative is the first point of contact between Noibu and potential new clients and the very beginning of our sales cycle. You will be the voice of the company, introducing Noibu and explaining the business value our products bring to retailers all over North America. In this role you become a real product and retail industry expert, using your knowledge to win new business leads.
What can I expect to do?
- Use your incredible communication skills to build brand new relationships between Noibu and potential clients.
- You will work closely with our Sales Lead, who will mentor you and help to develop your sales skills, whilst you support their activity by creating sales leads and booking their product demonstrations.
- You will be in charge of your own work, you choose what companies to call and will have the autonomy to be creative with how you introduce Noibu to prospects.
- You will be taught all the tools necessary to be able to succeed in the role, what we ask of you is a can-do attitude and an open mind to learning.
- Research, research, research using varied and creative techniques to identify business opportunities (AKA sales leads).
What would make me successful in this role?
- You’ve had some b2b sales or lead generations experience, ideally within the software industry.
- You’re a problem solver, you like to use your knowledge to help people overcome challenge
- You’re super organized and love being in charge of your own time.
- You thrive a fast-paced working environment and enjoy working independently.
- You’re money motivated – uncapped commission means your salary can be what you make it.
- You relish working to (and exceeding) targets.
- You have an interest in technology and how it’s used to drive businesses forward.
- You love talking to new people and are a confident communicator.
What are the challenges?
- As with any role within a fast-growing SaaS business you have to be able to flex to changing business priorities, so if you are adaptable and embrace change then you will thrive in this environment.
- Our structure is relatively flat and non-hierarchical, and egos don’t fly here so no job is too big or too small, we all get stuck in to make the business successful, so you’d better get ready to roll up your sleeves!
- Expansion is a major theme. We face new situations and market opportunities which we’ve not encountered previously. There aren’t always someone’s footsteps to follow so you will need to be able to work as a pioneer, carving the path and sharing your learnings with your colleagues.
What’s in it for me?
- It’s a springboard for your career, we have incredibly fast progression opportunities all based upon individual performance.
- Our product genuinely helps people to change the world, so you get that feel good feeling as well as the buzz of a sale.
- You’d be working in a start-up and get all the excitement of something new.
- No two days are ever the same; each client is unique and has different business needs, meaning you’re not only selling the product, but also being very consultative.
- It’s the opportunity to work with some amazing companies.
- We have a great commission structure, on top of a competitive base salary.
- Our Company culture is next to none, we have a great balance of the openness of a startup, with the strategy of a fully established organization.