L-SPARK is a startup accelerator that has its focus on enterprise/B2B startups as well as companies in cyber, IoT and AV. L-SPARK helps startups get the traction they need to stand out, gain traction and pitch successfully to angels, institutional investors and VCs.
L-SPARK champions and supports the growth of entrepreneurial ecosystems by designing and leading programs that involve workshops, events, mentors, networking and other efforts to build and grow scalable businesses.
We’re searching for a creative and outgoing Marketing Specialist who is passionate about startups; loves connecting with people; enjoys organizing events and creating high-value experiences; and nerds out on marketing, specifically email, social media, and content. You’ll work with our Senior Marketing Manager to help execute strategies that are dynamic, engaging and fun!
This is a full-time position located at our accelerator in the Kanata North technology park. The role may require some evening hours (to host events) as well as occasional travel.
Apply for the Marketing Specialist role if this sounds like you:
- Passionate about people, startups, innovation, collaboration and creativity
- A self starter, you are energetic and motivated with a roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-it-done attitude
- Creativity in developing engaging digital campaigns
- An engaging writer and effective communicator with a modern and fun style
- Extremely attention-to-detail oriented (we do a lot of events with many moving parts!)
- Loves all-things-digital-marketing: social media, content creation, e-mails, website management and more
- Strong project management skills, including planning and organizing skills and the ability to manage project intake and prioritize tasks for multiple deliverables and timelines
Here’s what the role looks like as well as some examples of the responsibilities that you’ll own.
Content Marketer + Digital Marketing Savvy
We’re a national program, which means that we have startups across the entire country. In order to reach them and continue to provide value, we leverage digital in almost everything we do. We’re looking for someone that can:
- Develop a content strategy aligned with short-term and long-term marketing targets that suit each of the demographics that L-SPARK serves: investors, startups, SaaS, IoT, connected car, etc.
- Own our social media editorial calendar and create/curate engaging content to share with our network of entrepreneurs, investors and startup ecosystem community
- Keep track of key social media metrics to monitor growth and engagement
- Create engaging, thoughtful and useful content for our blog, Voice of the North
- Fully manage Hubspot (HubSpot marketing and sales, workflows forms, emails)
- Manage our L-SPARK monthly newsletter and other e-mail marketing efforts
- Ensure the website is up-to-date at all times, work with the Senior Marketing Manager to strategize on web design
- Create landing pages as needed for programs, events, webinars, etc.
*Bonus points: Experience working with Content Management Systems (CMS)
**Extra bonus points: SEO knowledge and HTML, CSS skills
A big, big, big part of what we do is host events in Ottawa and across the country. Whether it’s SAAS NORTH, our annual SaaS Showcase, or a lunch and learn, we need someone who will:
- Assist the Senior Marketing Manager with creating exciting and engaging events that provide value to the attendees, exhibitors, sponsors and of course, our startups
- Promote the events to our community and execute on a launch strategy through e-mail marketing and social media
- Be highly organized and use their attention-to-detail superpowers to ensure the events go off without a hitch alongside our events coordination team
- Support the in-accelerator programming activities (bootcamp, ignition week, selection days, application launch, etc.)
Community + Partnerships
L-SPARK is a people business. From our entrepreneurs to the investors we engage with to the local community here in Ottawa, creating solid relationships is key to bringing the startup ecosystem together. Ideally, you’d be able to:
- Build and nurture relationships within the startup + tech ecosystem (startups, partners, community members, and sponsors)
- Champion the startups in our portfolio, and in our current programs, through social media and at events and celebrate their successes
- Act as a brand ambassador for L-SPARK in the community through attending networking events or relevant industry workshops
- Manage L-SPARK SPACE and work with our tenants to ensure they are supported
Interested? Please Apply!
We’d love to hear why you’re a fit for the role so send your resume to email@example.com! Deadline to apply is Friday, January 31st.
If your experience is *this close* to what we’re looking for, please apply! Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply. Let us know, in your outreach, what makes your experiences unique and how it will help you in this role!