Community Manager, L-SPARK
L-SPARK is a startup accelerator that has its focus on enterprise/B2B startups as well as companies in cyber, IoT and AV. L-SPARK champions and supports the growth of entrepreneurial ecosystems by designing and leading programs that involve workshops, events, mentors, networking and other efforts to build and grow scalable businesses.
We’re searching for a creative and outgoing Community Manager who is passionate about startups; loves connecting with people; enjoys organizing events and creating high-value experiences and nerds out on marketing, specifically social media and content. You’ll work with our Director of Marketing to help execute strategies that are dynamic, engaging and fun!
This is a full-time position located at our accelerator in the Kanata North technology park. The role may require some evening hours (to host events) as well as occasional travel.
Apply for the Community Manager role if this sounds like you:
- Passionate about people, startups, innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Comfortable meeting, engaging and building relationships with new people
- Energetic and motivated with a roll-up-your-sleeves-and-get-it-done attitude
- An engaging writer and effective communicator with a modern and fun style
- Extremely attention-to-detail oriented (we do a lot of events with many moving parts!)
- Loves all-things-digital-marketing: social media, content creation, e-mails and more
Here’s what the role looks like as well as some examples of the responsibilities that you’ll own.
L-SPARK is a people business. From our entrepreneurs to the investors we engage with to the local community right here in Ottawa, creating solid relationships are key to bringing the startup ecosystem together. Ideally, you’d be able to:
- Cultivate strong relationships, and regular communication, with ecosystem partners and the entrepreneurs within the community
- Champion the startups in our portfolio, and in our current programs, through social media and at events and celebrate their successes
- Work closely with our sponsors
- Manage L-SPARK SPACE and work with our tenants to ensure they are supported
- Bonus points: the ability to look for, and seek out, opportunities through your daily engagement with the community
Social Media Savvy & an Engaging Content Marketer
We’re a national program, which means that we have startups across the entire country. In order to reach them and continue to provide value, we leverage digital in almost everything we do. We’re looking for a community manager that can:
- Own our social media editorial calendar and create/curate engaging content to share with our network of entrepreneurs, investors and startup ecosystem community through LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
- Keep track of key social media metrics to monitor growth and engagement
- Manage our L-SPARK monthly newsletter and other e-mail broadcasts as required
- Create engaging, thoughtful and useful content for our blog, Voice of the North
- Manage our monthly #SaaSChats on Twitter
- Bonus points: create graphics for social and build playbooks
A big, big, big part of what we do is host events in Ottawa and across the country. Whether it’s SAAS NORTH, our annual SaaS Showcase, our Cottage Pitchfest or a co-working style lunch and learn, we need someone who will:
- Assist the Director of Marketing with creating exciting and engaging events that provide a lot of value to the attendees, exhibitors, sponsors and of course, our startups
- Promote the events to our community and execute on a launch strategy through e-mail marketing and social media
- Be highly organized and use their attention-to-detail superpowers to ensure the events go off without a hitch alongside our events coordination team
- Help coordinate our multi-city roadshow, including booking office hours with the team
- Support the in-accelerator programming activities (bootcamp, ignition week, selection days, application launch, etc.)
As we evolve and grow, the role will, too!
Interested? Please Apply!
We’d love to hear why you’re a fit for the role so send us your resume! Deadline to apply is Friday, April 5th.
To apply, scroll up to the top and click “Apply Now.”
P.S. If your experience is *this close* to what we’re looking for, please apply! Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply. Let us know, in your outreach, what makes your experiences unique and how it will help you in this role!