Full-time:Inside Sales Specialist
L-SPARK is an Ottawa based accelerator that is the destination for Canada’s start-up and tech ecosystem to learn, share, plan, execute, measure, adjust, scale and succeed. We deliver results through intensive mentorship and access to our network of top investors, expert advisors and prospective partners and customers. To date, our alumni companies have raised over $80M in total funding.
L-SPARK runs a number of start-up accelerator programs and corporate sponsored accelerator programs over the course of a year:
- Autonomous Vehicle/Connected Car
- Compass North (female founder/executive accelerator)
We’re searching for a full-time Inside Sales Specialist to join our team!
About the role
Our lead generation strategy is a combination of inbound and outbound initiatives. Our marketing team has recently migrated our internal systems to Salesforce and Pardot and are running multiple lead generation programs for our various accelerator programs.
We are looking for someone to compliment these efforts with effective outbound lead generation activity as well as manage the MQL’s as they come in.
The successful candidate will have worked in start-ups, be professional and credible when talking to founders, and understands the priorities and pressures of the Canadian start-up world.
Let’s also throw in the laundry list of essentials:
- Detailed oriented…it needs to be in our CRM people!
- Hunter mentality AKA “professional persistence.” You have your system. You work various data sources to identify potential start-ups, connect, learn about the founders and the company and sell them on our accelerator program.
- Thick skinned…thicker than the bark on a west coast Sequoia…which by the way is up to 2 feet thick and fire retardant! A unique way of saying, you are not afraid to chase people in a highly professional manner.
- Professional. You are representing L-SPARK as well as yourself. First impressions count.
- Passion. Your world is the start-up world.
- Driven to help founders accelerate and be a meaningful part of the growing Canadian ecosystem.
- Healthy sense of humour…leaning towards twisted but at the same time respectful. Yes, it’s complicated…
- Communication skills… So good, clients will say they wish their employees were just like you!
Preferred Experience and Characteristics
- Senior business development/sales/founder role in a start-up
- Strong technical acumen
- Highly intelligent and driven
- Others would describe you as consistently demonstrating a high level of maturity and self-assurance
- Integrity and a deep commitment to making good things happen
- Knowing that having the right question at the right time is as good as knowing the answer. It demonstrates you are constantly learning.
Interested? Please apply!
We’d love to hear why you’re a fit for the role so send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org! Deadline to apply is Friday, September 25th.
If your experience is *this close* to what we’re looking for, please apply! Experience comes in many forms – skills are transferable, and passion goes a long way. We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving and creative thinking, which is why we’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage everyone to apply. Let us know what makes your experiences unique and how it will help you in this role!